Advancement in Energy Efficiency
CARD is the first center in the United States devoted to research in drying moist, porous materials such as food and agricultural products, forestry products, chemicals, textiles, and biopharmaceuticals. The center is unique in its focus on assisting U.S. manufacturing industries to become environmentally sustainable. Enhancements in drying processes yield a measurable impact on global energy conservation.
Researchers from Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) are actively involved in these initiatives.
The Center’s Commitments:
- Global competitiveness of our industrial partners
- Enhancement of energy efficiency of drying processes
- Improved product quality and throughput
- Commercialization of advanced research leading to global competitiveness for industry members
- Equipping a new generation of engineers with the educational tools necessary to improve drying processes and implement sustainable manufacturing practices